Friday, June 30, 2017

Infographics

Hello Everyone, I am back again with yet another exciting discovery for this digital immigrant. I have come across the world of infographics, and I think I have fallen in love. As an 11 year veteran in the teaching field, I could have really used this at the start of my career. None the less I am excited about  implementing infographics in my classroom this coming year. This is such a wonderful tool that helps the teacher or student highlight and visually share the most important parts of the information they are sharing. Below you will see a link to an infograhic I created, along with the three sites that I think you guys will love.


Click On Link Below To See My First Infograhic:


Easelly :http:http://www.easel.ly/

I created my infographic using this site. It was really easy to set up an account, and I loved how easy it was to use the site. Prior to designing my infographic, I was inspired by the many templates that this site provided for the user. I finally chose one, and it took me directly to the creating pad. The user interface was very user friendly and told you exactly what to do. It was very easy to move around the information that was on the template, and even easier to erase. I also loved how easy it was to upload images to my files on the Easelly site. I highly recommend this site for any newbies out there.

Piktochart :http://piktochart.com/

I did not choose this site for my infographic, but I does not mean that I did not like it. It was very easy to create an account and get started as well. While I was exploring this site, I noticed that there was an inspire me button, which I pressed. I was taken to an ocean of templates that as you can guess, were ment to inspire your work. One other think that I really liked about this site that Easelly did not have, was a wonderful tutorial. It went frame by fame and taught you the ins and outs of the programs. If you are someone who has to constantly refer back to the user's manual, this site is definetly for you.

Infogramhttp://infogr.am

Infogram is another site that you can use to create infographics as well. Like the other three sites it was quite easy to create an account and get started. This was the least of my favorite out of the three sites that I explored in reference to infographics. Being a digital immigrant, I need tutorials, and a user interface that will help point me in the right direction, or provide template for me. There was a three minute getting started video, but I pressed it numerous times, and could not get it to work. Being a newbie to the infographic world, I might have missed it, but I did not see any get inspired section, or rows of templates that were ready for me to use either. Although the directions on the creation board of this site were pretty clear cut, the only themes that I could change were those of the charts. One thing I did like about this site was the graphic part of the creation board. Your could search for any graphics that you wanted, and wonderful images that poped with color would appear.

Bibliography For My First Infographic:

Rainie, L. (2017, May 29). The future of free speech, trolls, anonymity and fake news online. Retrieved from http://www.pewinternet.org/



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your infographic and your opinions about each tool. I was a little intimidated by the easel.ly site for some reason, and also found that the tutorial you mentioned in your Piktochart review was very helpful. I'm excited to share these new tools with teachers on my campus this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kanie,
    In regards to Infogram, I felt I could not be near as creative on this site as I could the other two. It seems like Infogram would be better-suited for the marketing world where the graph portion of the infograph is most important. The other two sites definitely seemed more user-friendly.

    ReplyDelete

Final Reflection

The image to the left of the screen was me at the start of this semester. I was really nervous about being successful in this class, beca...